Saturday, December 7, 2013

Igor Ivanov (1947-2005)


'You understand, Lev', he explained. 'I have to get myself into playing condition. If I don't drink anything at all, I'll be too nervous and won't be able to play. But! if I drink too much, I'll be drunk, and that's bad too. So the dosage is important here'. With those words Igor took another gulp from the bottle, which was wrapped in brown paper. Browne played the game very vigorously, and Ivanov had to 'calm his nerves' frequently in the foyer. When his position had become hopeless, Igor was already completely sozzled and explained to Alburt in a slurred voice that he hadn't managed to take the correct dosage.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Brilliant!

August 18, 2014 at 4:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home